Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's for dinner?

Better ask you husbands ladies because today is
National Men Make Dinner Day
!

I really think this should be a weekly thing.
Here are the top ten reasons men should participate in this holiday:
10. While cooking, you can still wear your tool belt, simply replace the hammer with a whisk!
9. Several recipes include beer as a legitimate ingredient.
(does that include rootbeer too?)
8. The blender, the electric mixer and the food processor are loud enought to drown out anyone in the house who is learning
a musical instrument.
7. Whoever is cooking always gets the most attention from the dog.
6. Whatever recipe you choose, you can name it after yourself.
Example: tonight's dinner is called 'Doug's Surprise'.
5. Discovering that '250 ml' is the same as '8 ounces' AND '1 cup' is half the fun!
4. Since YOU choose the recipe, it can be a turnip-free night.
3. Some desserts, such as creme brulee, require the use of a propane torch. How much fun is that?!?
2. Since other husbands in your neighbourhood are also cooking dinner, ironically this could be the ultimate male bonding experience.
1. Participating in 'National Men Make Dinner Day' gives you optimum points with your wife.
USE THOSE POINTS WISELY!

Feel free to share this info with your husbands!

6 comments:

Anon said...

Jen, I think this should be a nightly thing. I hate to cook!!!

the brooks bunch said...

Ok so why is this holiday not advertised more - I have not heard of this one- I think this should be like Christmas - get the banners out in august so "these men" can get their recipe ready! At my house I would have to buy more pots and pans because I am sure the 10 I have Bill would use ALL of them! Does this inclue clean up?
Let me know what Jeff fixes your family!
Love you-

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celeste Christensen said...

I agree this should be right up there with Thanksgiving and Christmas!

fabulous5fentons said...

Jen - when's the date! We definitely need this holiday at my house. Thanks for the message about my mom. It means a ton to me and her too.

Harmoni said...

Just looking for the Husband part!!!!! Guess I could train parker now right!!
Harm