Last Wednesday (the 4th) Jeff's mom and her husband Richard brought Heidi and Eliza (Emi & Ada's cousins) out to Chicago for a girls weekend. Emi and Ada were so excited to have their cousins come. They had such a great time with them all here! Poor Sarah wanted so badly to join in the fun and hang with the big girls. Thanks Emilie, Ada, Heidi and Eliza for including Sarah in all your fun when you could! I know she had a great time with you here too!
Thursday morning they took the train downtown and went to the American Girl Place for lunch and shopping, hit the beach and then off to the Children's Museum. They stayed downtown that night and from what I understand nobody got very much sleep! Friday they went to the Shedd Aquarium and then took the train back to our house. Friday night Jeff, Sarah and I were excused from the house so they could make dinner together and have some more fun. By Saturday you could tell the exhaustion was setting in, but they weren't ready to quit having fun! They went to Airtastic for 2 hours to play. Then after dinner it was movie time with just the girls (Grandma slept through most of it!) Sunday was a quiet day of just church, dinner and some Hannah Montana on the Wii. Sadly on Monday it was time for them to go home. We were trying to convince them to stay another week, but unfortunately it just didn't happen. The girls had so much fun it took them a couple of good nights sleep to recover!
Here are just a few of the pictures taken to highlight the fun weekend
On their way!
They made it!
Heidi, Emilie, Ada, Eliza and Sarah

Waiting for the train to take them downtown

The buddy sysytem!
Heidi & Ada Emilie & Eliza

This one is hands down my favorite!

By the Chicago River

All the girls - in the hotel room

Lunch and shopping at American Girl Place















8 comments:
Oh my gosh I cannot wait to come and visit you!!!! Did I tell you though that Bruce is going to be gone most of April so I have to get with you and see what we can figure out!! What a great weekend!
how much fun, I can't wait till Jolie is older to take her to the american girl place. Your girls are too cute.
That's what it's all about baby! What a weekend of memories. :)
(And could I love that city any more? NO. Impossible.)
How much fun!!! Isn't that what grandmas are for?!?!!? I miss that city. So many fun things to do....so little time!
Thankfully my parents/inlaws don't check your blog...
I believe she has just qualified as absolute best grandma I've ever heard of! Way to go to keep up with these girls' plans!! I'm amazed!
They look like they had an amazing time!
How fun. What a fun place you live in! I gotta say, I'm a little jealous.
Oh, what fun! I can just imagine the peels of laughter from all those little girls!
Post a Comment