It was quite a busy weekend at our house. It all started Thursday night when our house became sleeping accommidations for 6 teenage girls for two nights. My friend Staci and her husband that live across the street were the "Battalion leaders" for an "ARMY" (A Righteous Mormon Youth was what it stood for) for Youth Conference and they housed the boys of the group and we housed the girls. And yes, they stayed up late both nights doing all those things teenage girls do when they are together - such fun! I think it was about 2 am when things started to quite down the first night, but then the severe thunderstorms we were expecting rolled in, so it was about 4 am before I really got to sleep. Some how everyone else was able to sleep through the storms, I'm really not sure how. As I layed in bed listening to them chatting and giggling it made me laugh because I realized this will be my girls in about 8 years.
Oh the things they have to look forward too!
This is what it looks like when 6 teenage girls come to stay.
Then Saturday we got to spend most of the day with Jeff's sister Heather and her son Bryant. Heather had to come up to speak at a Youth Conference in another stake here and it ended up Jeff had to sub for our bishop at our YC. Bryant was nice enough to take the girls swimming that morning, and then they gave him a make over later that afternoon. Must have been very relaxing because it put him to sleep! Nice work girls!
So proud of their work!
The big news of the day is that Ada lost another tooth, #2. Emilie is working on loosing her first one, she is hoping it's soon because it makes it really hard to bite on anything! Anyway, Heather and Bryant are staying with us tonight and then it's back to just us Sunday night. Then Monday Harm and Parker come. We are excited for the fun to continue!
If you are looking for a place to stay in the Chicago area, we'd love to have you.
The rates are cheap (practically nothing!) and food isn't to bad.
We offer lots of entertainment options as well.
Makeovers are available for a small fee in the salon.
We have lots of openings in July and August, so book your reservations now!





7 comments:
YIPEE YIPEE we are on our way!!! Can't believe its already here. At least we don't stay up until 2am, we can't even make it past 10pm some nights!!!!
Love ya
See you in 24 hours
Harm
Yes I do think the fun is in full swing!!! Jen - I don't think you know the meaning of tired - I will check with you in a week and see just how exhausted you are!!! I hope you can keep this next group under some control - if not just have fun and thanks for leting Harm and Parker come!!
Love you -
Sharon
Man...I didn't know a make-over was included. I need to look into booking my reservations soon!
:)
Those girls are so cute--I love the fine touches to Bryant's do. When are you going to UT this summer?
okay, book us in august! hehe, J/K! Way to be such a good hostess!! Have fun this week!
OK.. I want a reservation in 2 weeks!!!
O' how I wish. We are dying to get back there and visit the city. We miss it.
Your girls are so pretty, you're gunna' be in trouble!
Ok I have to laugh because our girls camp got rained out so instead of taking the girls home I brought them to my house (camp riley) and thus spent a near sleepless night on my living room floor surrounded by leaders while the girls crashed in the family room we had 11 girls and seven leaders fun stuff!
Post a Comment