Friday, July 25, 2008

Mother of the year?

NOT SO MUCH!
Do you see it? Just under Sarah's right eye? Yep it's true, she has a black eye. And just how did she get it? From yours truly. I swear it looks worse in person, but maybe it's because I was the cause of it and am guilt ridden so I notice more. Wednesday night we were down at the church for the Youth Activity. I got the stoller out, opened it up, put Sarah in it and put my bag in the basket underneath and BAM, there it went. The stroller folded up with Sarah in it! I thought I had gotten it locked open, but obviously I didn't and Sarah paid the price. Face first into the food tray. Let's just say I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be in the running for mother of the year any time soon.

9 comments:

Heather Ann said...

OUCH! Poor little thing.. Don't ya just love those strollers! Thank goodness there young enough, they won't remember all our mistakes, but they will remember all those hugs, kisses & "I love you's", so don't be so hard on yourself!!! :)

Anon said...

Jen, she looks like she might be a little bit ticked off at you:) No I am just kidding, once when Olivia was about her age she climbed up on the table and dumped a burning salt city candle on her face the wax glued her eyelids shut and I think there is still wax in her hair today so see it could be worse. You are a great mom and she is so darling!!

riles said...

Sorry the mother of the year award is already taken! The other day I was inside and thought my 2 year old was inside with me but he had decided to scooter down 2 blocks to a busy intersection chasing after Hayden luckily there were many cars stopped and moms climbing out of vehicles by the time I arrived totally out of breath!

kara jayne said...

If you want to make yourself feel better go here:
http://crazygoodlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/sunday-stew.html
Scroll almost all the way down and you will me MORTIFIED!! My name is absolutely at the bottom of the mother of the year ballot.

Erin said...

Hey Jen! Sorry to hear about Sarah's eye. I'm sure it's just the guilt talking. You can check out my blog at http://mysillylittlecritters.blogspot.com
(I found you from Jill, hehe.)

Kim said...

Even with a black eye, she is beautiful.

Anon said...

SOOOOO CUTE!! What a great blog page.

mygrandkidsaregreat.blogspot.com said...

Jen, you have beautiful children. I always thought a lot of you in high school, you were my favorite. Hope life is treating you good. Steve

Baby Oven said...

I totally think you are mother of the year. If you don't beat her up now, how is she going to make it through school? It's good that she's getting tough now or else life would be too hard. :)