I've been catching some flack that I haven't bloged lately. To be quite honest, not much has been happening around here except for the usual summer things: playing outside, going to the pool and having fun etc.
But today was a sad day for the Barnes family. We had to say goodbye to some of our family - The Browns who are moving to Pennsylvania. Let me preface this by saying that we've known for a while we were going to be loosing Amy to BYU this fall. That was sad enough for us since she was our #1 kid sitter. But a few short weeks ago when we found out the WHOLE family was leaving us - well that was just a low blow!
Now, I say our family because that is exactly what they are to us. I honestly can say that the girls are just as comfortable, if not more, at the Browns house as they are at ours - and that doesn't happen often! They have been our go to family for just about anything and everything and vice versa. As I said before, Amy has been our #1 kidsitter and absolutely the best big sister to the girls - and a great friend to me. Jason, Stephen and Mark have been great with the girls too and have treated them like little sisters. Paul treats our kids like they are his own and has been a great friend to Jeff and I. Alison has been the best friend a girl could ask for. She has done so much for me and our family over the last four years - probably more than she knows. I am so grateful for her and I definitely know I have benefited the most from our friendship!
We took this picture with them last Sunday - our last dinner together.
The Brown-Barnes family

Life just won't be the same without you guys around the corner. Thank you for everything and being a part of our family and letting us be a part of yours. You know you can't get rid of us that easily by moving! We'll miss you and we love you lots. We hope to see you very soon!
Staci, I know you will be reading this so you better not be moving on me anytime soon and please give me more than a few weeks notice! :-)





4 comments:
Aw, I'm sorry. It is hard enough when you are away from family then to have best friends move away. Hang in there.
Wow that came up fast. Do you need me to come out there and console you? You know I would!! We love you
Harm
Ok Jen, you put it out there I am going to come out next spring. I would love to take Olivia and Steven to see Nauvoo. See you then:)
AHHH sorry that your friends are moving away, but I had to comment on the look of your new blog! SO CUTE!! GOOd JOB!
Post a Comment