Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Men vs. Women - when they get sick

These are the days when I wish I had a job so I could call in sick, get in bed and not move until I feel better - like most men are able too. Unfortunately the job of a mother does not allow you to call in sick and there are three little peoples depending on me for the basics. These are the days I am grateful for Disney channel and that the girls know how to use the remote! It hit me Monday night and is still going. Yesterday I thought dying was a good option. The flu - temperture average = 103.9. Meaning its checked in at over 104. I ache from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and every muscle and joint in between hurts, I mean
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!
Today is a little better than yesterday as far as the aches, but still running a temp of over 103, close to 104. Thank goodness for Advil. I was actually able to take the girls to school and run a couple errands. YAHOO Then I had to come home and take a nap before picking them up due to exhaustion. Gratefully yesterday my neighbor picked the girls up from school - there was no way I was going to make it. Taking them to school was exhausting enough! Hopefully it will go away soon. In the words of my good mother-in-law "This too shall pass". So I thought I would share this video that my sister-in-law Heather shared with me over the weekend. We got a good laugh out of it. Hopefully Jeff and the girls don't get it - it stinks being sick!


Isn't that hilarious - and so true?

3 comments:

Lisa Lu said...

Oh so true...very funny. MAN-COLD. Love it.

Anonymous said...

You can never be more sick than they were - not matter if you were declared dead!!! They will one up you!
I hope you are feeling better by now!
Love you-
sharon

Chelle said...

LAUGHING... I've watched it three times and I'm still laughing. Thanks for sharing. I might need to post that one and share the love on my blog.