If reading more is one of your resolutions, or if you need a little inspiration/motivation for your resolutions, or if you need a "picker uper" for the new year - may I suggest a lecture given by Professor Randy Pausch from Carnegie Mellon University one in a series titled "Journeys" previously known as "Last Lecture" where the speaker was asked, hypothetically, if you knew you were going to die, what would you say to the students. Well for Randy it's not hypothetical, he is dying. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Sept. 2006 and gave this lecture in Sept. 2007. The lecture itself has been titled "Last Lecture" (click here to go to his website where you can find a link to the video and transcript). You can watch the lecture (if you have the time - it's almost 2 hours) or read it, but it's definately worth the time - he gives you some great things to think about! I hope you benefit from it as much as I did.
Happy New Year and here's to your dreams!
10 years ago





1 comment:
I actually bought that DVD, its incredible. Looks like the chemo he's on now is helping and probably buying him another 2-4 months of good health. But I look at those 3 little kids he has and just want to cry for him. What a great example of a GOOD attitude. WOW pretty awesome guy..
Post a Comment