Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You just never know

You NEVER know what kind of influence you will have on someone.
On Sunday the missionaries brought an investigator with them to church. She had a roommate that had moved out of state and recently joined the church. So she decided to investigate and had the Elders come over to teach her. It was Fast and Testimony meeting in our ward on Sunday, and a member of our ward got up and bore his testimony and mentioned another member of our ward in his testimony. The investigator turned to the missionaries and said "I knew someone by that name years ago. He was our neighbor and when my dad passed away he came over an helped us with a number of things." After the meeting she was introduced to the man that was mentioned and sure enough, it was her neighbor from so many years ago. She is now scheduled to be baptised next month.

This link is to a story of another member of our ward who was baptised last year, 54 years after he was given a Book of Mormon from a member he was serving with in the Korean War.

http://deseretnews.com/cgi-bin/cqcgi/@cnews.env?CQ_SESSION_KEY=DRUFKOBDREJC&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=1&CQ_TEXT_MAIN=YES

I so love to hear these kinds of stories. It give me hope that maybe, just maybe I may be able to have or have had an influence on someone for good. We all can be an influence, for good or bad. It's up to us. You may never know what kind influence you may have, other times you might - it just may take a while to find out. It's so true that by small and simple things, great things shall come to pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have influenced more people than you know!!! Keep up the good work!
Great stories!
Love you-
sharon

Becky said...

Those are the experiences I miss! May be in a position to have some soon however...

Chelle said...

I'm sure your influence will be profound, Jen. You are awesome.

p.s. are you in contact with Mindy? I ran into her mom the other day and she said that Mindy gave birth to her fourth and seriously almost died from the birth. All is well now, but I guess it was really scary. She now has 3 boys, 1 girl. : )