Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Christmas

Jeff and I didn't make it to bed until around 2:30 in the am. That is a record around here for being up so late. So we were very grateful when the kids didn't get up until about 9:00! Fortunately Santa made it to our house and boy did he come through!

I just have to say this because I find it very ironic (or ironical - that's for you Andrea!) that Neil Diamond, a Jewish man, is singing Christmas carols. Yes I do listen to Neil Diamond, yes I do own his Chrismas CD, and yes I even went to his concert years ago and had a great time - remember Harm? And I have listened to his Christmas CD in years past, but for some reason when Jeff went to put his cd in to listen to as we opened gifts, I couldn't do it! It just didn't make the cut. I knew he didn't really mean or believe those words when he sang those songs. Is that totally crazy? Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway, the girls had a great time opening their gifts and helping Sarah with hers. They pretty much got everything they asked Santa for, so they were quite happy. I asked them what their favorite thing was that they got and they really couldn't pick just one.

The rest of the day was relaxing and fun. I have to admit that I was somewhat torn. I would have loved to have been with our families, but the other part of me liked it being just the five of us at home. We had no where to be, no errands to run and nothing to do other than enjoy the day and be together. We don't get many days like that so I really was happy to have this one. We could have used a little snow - but I guess those in Utah got to enjoy that instead!

So this is Christmas......and what have you done?
I have seen what matters most. I have watched my children believe in and feel the magic of Christmas - something I still believe in and feel too. I have felt the Christmas spirit and hope I can keep it all year through.

In the words of John Lennon:
And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun.
The near and the dear one, the old and the young.
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Let's hope it's a good one without any fears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! No wonder Santas' sleigh was empty when he got to Utah!!! What a fun day for the girls!
Happy New Year to you -
Sharon

Harmoni said...

Next christmas we are coming to your house. Looks like Santa dropped a load off. Hope you had a fun day.
Love ya
Harm